1. You sunk all the ships in my shore and left me a barren country.
2. The ashes of your last kiss scald my mouth.
3. You have left my bones crooked, unaligned when you wrenched yourself outwards from my skin.
4. I’m still a fool for the hush of your breath.
5. You’re a criminal, a derelict, you’ve unscrewed the corner of my mind and left fingerprints all over this crime scene.
6. The supernova you left me with is beautiful, but unsatisfying.
7. My loneliness breaks my back.
8. I was never a wordsmith, you taught me the meaning of want.
9. Let me chart the ghost of your memory before I forget the contours of your thighs.
10. I’ll veil the light over your eyes and drain away your nightmares if you’ll let me touch your face, one more time, again, again."